Reasons why you should be considering Turkey as a potential holiday destination even more now!
Updated: Aug 14, 2021
Here’s why Turkey is worth thinking about as a holiday destination right now:
· Turkish Airlines flies nearly every day between Malta and Istanbul
· The airline has been awarded APEX Diamond status within the scope of Covid-19 hygiene measures
· Turkey promises you a mix of ancient ruins and modern cities, Islamic mysticism and Ottoman influence, inland discoveries and coastal cruising and so much more. You can hike, swim, snorkel, wander the winding alleys of Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar, float over the bizarre landscapes of Cappadocia in a hot-air balloon or see a performance of whirling dervishes. Enjoy your Turkish delights on one of our private or group adventures. Plunge into the depths of Turkey with any of the following themes: 18 to 29s, Active Adventures, Adventure Cruising, Explorer, Family, Food, Intrepid Retreats, Lonely Planet Experience, Short Break, Women’s Expedition.
· For anyone interested in group departures please do see all our trips to Turkey with Intrepid Travel.
· For those who prefer a tailor-made private itinerary please do contact us.
· If you are travelling to Turkey from Malta, you are required to present results of a negative PCR test taken up to 72 hours prior to your arrival in Turkey (i.e. a maximum of 72 hours between the sample delivery time and the scheduled time of departure of the flight) or an antigen test performed not more than 48 hours prior to arrival in Turkey.
This requirement is also applicable to passengers who avail themselves of accommodation services while waiting for a connection flight, but does not apply to flight crew and transit passengers. Children under the age of 6 years are also exempt from the test requirement.
If you submit a document issued by the local health authorities stating that you have been vaccinated at least 14 days before entering Turkey, and /or have tested positive for Covid-19 and recovered within the last 6 months, you will not be required to submit a negative PCR test result.
· These conditions may change so please always double check prior to travel.