Reasons why you should consider Turkey as a potential holiday destination now!
Updated: Apr 8
With the recent announcement that tourists will be welcomed back to Malta in June this should hopefully also mean a recovery for outgoing travel. Here’s why Turkey is worth thinking about right now:
· Turkish Airlines has increased flight frequency from 4 to 5 times a week
· The airline has been awarded APEX Diamond status within the scope of Covid-19 hygiene measures
· The total number of vaccination doses administered per 100 people in the total population in Turkey stands at 20.59 as at 6th April 2021
· Enjoy an even safer holiday in Turkey with Tourist Protection and Support Insurance. Insurance is provided by Türkiye Sigorta with prices starting from EUR 15.00
· Turkey promises you a mix of ancient ruins and modern cities, Islamic mysticism and Ottoman influence, inland discoveries and coastal cruising and so much more. You can hike, swim, snorkel, wander the winding alleys of Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar, float over the bizarre landscapes of Cappadocia in a hot-air balloon or see a performance of whirling dervishes
· Enjoy your Turkish delights on one of our private or group adventures. Plunge into the depths of Turkey with any of the following themes: 18 to 29s, Active Adventures, Adventure Cruising, Explorer, Family, Food, Intrepid Retreats, Lonely Planet Experience, Short Break, Women’s Expedition. For anyone interested in group departures please do see all our trips to Turkey with Intrepid Travel. For those who prefer a tailor-made private itinerary please do contact us.
· A PCR test is required to travel to Turkey. Passengers must show a medical certificate with a negative Covid-19 PCR test result at their point of departure. The test must have been taken no more than 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. Upon return to Malta the plan is for vaccinated persons to be able to enter free of restrictions by presenting a digital “green passport” while non-vaccinated persons will be able to submit a negative PCR Covid-19 test taken a few hours before travelling. For those taking a tailor-made itinerary a nurse can be sent to our guests’ hotels to organise their Covid-19 test prior departure. These conditions may change so please always double check prior to travel.